Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Betting on the Bruins: Notre Dame

Another week and another victory by the Bruins! Good for my soul but bad for my gambling instincts. I thought the Beavers would win that game and they looked poised to do so entering the 4th quarter. It seemed like both teams were trying hard to lose that game and the Beavers finally succeeded. I can't recall a team that had such a sudden and complete collapse at the end of a game. Those players should be ashamed for the way they just quit. Especially on that blocked punt where Bosworth went completely unblocked. I guess the good news about that scoring spree is that it at least pushed the over/under to a push.

Right now the gambling gurus say UCLA -20.5 points. Call me a cynic but I'm not feeling a huge blowout victory by the Bruins. A solid victory, yes, but 20 points is a lot to give up. Especially with Notre Dame improving each week. Since UCLA has won it's last two games with me picking against them, I'm going to keep that trend alive and take the Irish plus the points. The over/under is 48. The Bruin defense stood up last week and did a fantastic job in holding the Beaver offense to only 1 touchdown. Will they repeat again? I think they can and will. With our offense struggling, I'm going with the under. I've been burned by the under this year, but lets see if that will pay off this time.

History

  • Org St. O/U: 54. My pick: Over. Actual: 54. Push.
  • Org St. UCLA +2.5. My pick: Org St minus points. Actual: UCLA + 26. -$100.
  • UW. O/U: 47. My pick: Under. Actual: 75. -$100.
  • UW. UCLA -6.5. My pick: Washington plus points. Actual: UCLA + 13. -$100.
  • Utah. O/U: 43.4. My pick: Over. Actual: 50. +$100.
  • Utah. UCLA -14. My pick UCLA minus points. Actual: Utah +38. -$100.
  • BYU. O/U: 46. My pick: Under. Actual: 44. +$100.
  • BYU. ULCA -7.5. My pick: UCLA minus points. Actual: UCLA +10. +$100.
  • Stanford. O/U: 46..5 My pick: Under. Actual: 62 . -$100.
  • Stanford. UCLA -17. My pick: UCLA minus points. Actual: UCLA +28 =: +$100.
Disclaimer

I am not actually gambling on these games. This is entirely for fun. I know nothing about gambling and have no insider information. If you actually bet on these games using my predictions you are crazy and will likely lose all of your money

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When Bosworth blocked the punt, OSU only had 10 players on the field. That, combined with the OSU punter apparently pausing to read the ball, made for a great play!

Bruins should beat the Irish, but they better come to play!