Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Moving on up

So, the latest USA Today Coach's Poll is out. The Bruins move up 3 spots to #14. We passed up Michigan and Tennessee , who both lost. We also passed up Rutgers, which is weird because they easily won their game against Buffalo 38-3. I guess because it was scheduled on Thursday, most of the voters missed that game. Oh well, we'll take it.

I was kind of surprised to see how far Tennessee fell in the poll. They played a very good California team on the road and kept that game tight for most of the contest. They slipped 10 spots to #24. Michigan plummeted from #5 to unranked. Amazing... I don't think I have ever seen that before. Even when #5 Oklahoma lost to TCU back in their opener in 2005, they still remained in the top-15. I guess no quarter is given for losing to 1-AA teams.

No comments: