Thursday, September 20, 2007

Betting on the Bruins: Washington

Ah the Utah game. Like everyone else, I never imagined the Utes creaming us. I took the Bruins minus the points and got absolutely crushed. The upside, from a gambling perspective, is that I took the over and Utah covered that single handedly. Ouch!

Up next is Washington. Boy, I thought last week was hard to call! If I was gambling real money, I would skip this game because I have no idea what this team is going to do on Saturday. But that would be no fun and since we're playing with funny-money anyways, I'll take my best guess.

The latest line, as of this morning, is UCLA -6.5 with an over/under of 47. If the Bruins are going to win then it will be close. Pat is under center but he hasn't really practiced much this year with the groin injury. That will likely limit his mobility and he won't be in top physical shape having limited activity over the last month. Washington's duel threat quarterback looks like a big problem, but his passing accuracy has declined since their opener over Syracuse (gee.. that sounds familiar). Still, he gets it done on the ground. We're back at the Rose Bowl, where the Bruins have gone 13-1 over the last 2+ seasons. Tough call.

I'm going to pick UW plus the points. I just don't think our offense will move the ball effectively against a pretty good Husky defense. I think our defense will play better, simple out of sheer pride, but another spread offense doesn't give me warm fuzzies about our chances. I'll take the under and bank on our defense rebounding enough to keep UW in the low twenties.

History
  • Utah. O/U: 43.4. My pick: Over. Actual: 50. +$100.
  • Utah. UCLA -14. My pick UCLA minus points. Actual: Utah +38. -$100.
  • BYU. O/U: 46. My pick: Under. Actual: 44. +$100.
  • BYU. ULCA -7.5. My pick: UCLA minus points. Actual: UCLA +10. +$100.
  • Stanford. O/U: 46..5 My pick: Under. Actual: 62 . -$100.
  • Stanford. UCLA -17. My pick: UCLA minus points. Actual: UCLA +28 =: +$100.
Disclaimer

I am not actually gambling on these games. This is entirely for fun. I know nothing about gambling and have no insider information. If you actually bet on these games using my predictions you are crazy and will likely lose all of your money.

No comments: