Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Scout 100

The scout network released their top-100 players for 2008 yesterday. Three UCLA bound players find their way onto that list:

#41 Rahim Moore (S)
#72 Damien Holmes (DE)
#92 EJ Woods (S)

They also started ranking the players at each position. During that process they shifted around the ratings of a few Bruin commits, including a big bump to Huntington Beach quarterback Nick Crissman. I've updated my 2008 recruiting snap shot ( PDF )to reflect all the latest changes. This class is looking better and better each week as Bruin commits and prospects continue to see their stock rise before the 2007 season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Two questions:
1-Do you think our latest line committ will stick.
2-Can you update the PDF file?

CPBruinFan said...

Sorry about the PDF. I did update it, but it looks like I got a corrupted file. I've updated it again and I'll make sure to include it with all future recruiting articles.

In terms of Stevens sticking, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I read the reports on Scout and Rivals saying he is still interested in USC. I think that is true of a lot of our recruits and Hamani is just saying it openly. No doubt this recruiting season will be a knock-down drag-out battle between the two schools. Nobody is entirely solid in my mind until February.

There are also a lot of "ifs" in Stevens comments. He said if SC offers (which they haven't yet) and if he likes their coaches better (He still really like Dorrell and staff) then he would consider the Trojans.

USC already has two big OL commitments in Matt Kalil and Matt Meyer. It also looks like they will land Tyron Smith in the next couple of weeks. After that they have existing offers with Tyler Love, Alameda Ta'amu, Daniel Campbell, and Kahled Holmes. All those guys are rated higher than Stevens at either tackle or guard. I don't know how many lineman they are looking to take in this class, but Stevens probably isn't that high on their list.

Of course, having said that, things could go the other way. With Dorrell, Walker, and Scott scoring recruiting victories over the Trojans this year, Carroll might just try and take Hamani just to spite UCLA. Things have really gotten ugly between the two coaching staffs.

I think he stays with the Bruins but it could come down to LOI day before we know for sure. That's my two cents.