Friday, August 31, 2007

Betting on the Bruins: Stanford

I'm not a big gambler, but I thought it would be fun to play a little "imaginary" money each week and see how good I am at predicting how UCLA will perform. Don't take my picks as advice, as I don't want any angry e-mails from you guys if you lose any money after reading my blog. I'll pick the spread and the over/under and bet my fictitious $100 on each.

The latest odds have UCLA at -17 points against the Cardinal with a 46.5 point over/under. We know the defense will be good, so I'm thinking a low scoring game. I'm taking the under. With Stanford breaking in a new west-coast-like offense, the Bruin defense should do very well as they see that each week. Stanford also will run a 4-3 this year, which the Bruin offense sees a lot in practice. That's still a pretty big spread considering that the Bruins are the visiting team. I think the UCLA offense will do well enough to put up a few touchdowns, while our defense smokes Stanford and they might get a TD as well. My final prediction is 31 - 13, which just puts UCLA over the 17 point mark. I'm going to take UCLA minus the points.

No comments: